Wanted: Leader YUFERING work package 2 within MPCER
MPCER is looking for a new Leader YUFERING work package 2 within MPCER.
Wanted: Leader YUFERING work package 2 within Maastricht Platform for Community-Engaged Research (MPCER) (0,2 FTE)
Deadline applications: 22 July 2022
Temporary position: 15 August 2022 – March 2024
The Maastricht Platform for Community-Engaged Research is looking for a motivated project leader, who can lead the development of a community-engaged research training programme at European level, as part of the YUFERING (YUFE) project.
The Maastricht Platform for Community-Engaged Research (MPCER) was established in April 2019. Its mission is to create a multidisciplinary platform for employees at Maastricht University who do/support, or are interested in doing/supporting, community-engaged research (CER). We define “community-engaged research” as research that has all of the following three characteristics:
- Intends to have an impact by deploying research to resolve societal challenges
- Actively involves the relevant community in the research process
- Shares the research results with the relevant community
The YUFERING research branch of the Young Universities for the Future of Europe alliance (https://yufe.eu/)) obtained further funding from the European Commission in December 2020 to develop a similar initiative at the European level. A former MPCER member has taken the first steps to realising the tasks allocated to Maastricht University in this project. You will take over the responsibility for these tasks, which will have to be completed by March 2024.
What will you do?
At the moment, the YUFERING work package leader tasks are fully funded. This means that for 0,2 FTE you will contribute to work package 2 of the YUFERING European project. The work package is titled “The YUFE model towards a community engagement-based research & innovation agenda”. Your specific tasks within this work package will be:
- To lead the team of employees of different universities working on task 2.4: The development of training programmes on community-engaged research & innovation
- To lead the development of a training programme on community-engaged based research & innovation for researchers and support staff
- To lead the organisation of 10 ‘best practice’ and ‘test bed’ meetings/workshops for research and support staff
- To lead the development of a format for a newsletter on YUFE community- engaged research for researchers and support staff and a format for citizens and entrepreneurs and distribute through the YUFE virtual campus
- To lead the integration of social media updates on community-engagement based research & innovation into the YUFE social media strategy
Please take note of our second open call for a Project leader MPCER. Candidates who wish to combine the tasks for both projects are especially encouraged to apply.
We are looking for a candidate with the following qualifications:
- Great enthusiasm for community-engaged research
- Some project management or leadership experience, preferably in an international setting
- Experience with doing and/or supporting community-engaged research is preferred
- Experience with organising events, ideally within UM, is preferred
Conditions of employment
Candidates from all UM faculties and services are welcome to apply. 0.2 FTE will be financially compensated through a transfer from the central UM level to the faculty/service of the new project leader.
Please send your application for this role, consisting of your CV and a short motivation no later than July 22 to Bibi Linssen, YUFE institutional coordinator at UM (email@example.com).
More information about the role can be obtained from Mireille Sthijns (firstname.lastname@example.org)